so, what is this all about then?

This blog is the course blog of the VA333 Web Design course which I am teaching at Sabanci University, Istanbul, Turkey. This is a multidisciplinary course in which art and design students come together with students from many other disciplines to do the same course work.

I am hoping that the content that I put her will help my students as they learn to create and design a website. Since quite a few of them are non-designers I have also given the blog a funny title. Designer and non-designer alike, we are aiming for sites that are rich in content, humorous, as well as attractive to look at. So, this blog will give them (and everyone else who wishes to join us) tips in how to create good content and good design.

I will try to share the web resources that I know of. These will cover all sorts of things, from stock image repositories and clip art places to typography sites to applications that can make life significantly easier for folk that are just starting out as designers. More and more intuitive (mostly online) platforms are being released every day and what used to be irksome tasks only a few years ago can be accomplished in minutes today - if you know where to look!

I am not a big believer in suffering. I do not think that toil and long hours of painstaking graft make for better design or help provide content. I certainly do not think that everything has to be made "by hand". What I do believe in is knowing where to look for fast, fun, pleasant solutions - in other words knowing all about resources! And then sharing what you encounter. Which, in the end, is what this site will be all about!

................................................................................................................................
Powered by Blogger.