How to Make a "Set to Original Size" Post Image Truly Original Sized in a Blogger Post

When you upload an image to a Blogger post and you set it to "Original" in the size options, sadly the image will not be in the original size but instead be only 1600 pixels wide. In many cases this is a decent enough size, however if you have a post header image that stretches to the browser width (in most cases nowadays that will be to 1920 pixels) this will not be enough and you will see a quality loss. Why Blogger is still setting such a restriction in this day and age, I have no idea, however I do know how to fix it.

In the two screenshots below I have put an orange box around the value that you need to change inside the HTML post editor. It is on the very last line of the code. Change s1600 to whatever your original image width is (in my case I set it to s1920 even though my image width is actually 2000, but 1920 is all that I need) and you will get nice clean high resolution results on your post images in Blogger.
Powered by Blogger.