Re-Designed Blogger Template: Everyday

Once I had the idea to replace the featured posts widget at the top with that rather pretty slideshow that I have used previously (and the code for which you can download from here > > >) this ended up becoming a very nicely structured classic or personal blog with a very nice 3 column footer. In order to strengthen the structure I added strokes and made quite a few typographic changes, especially changing many of the titles and tab headings from lowercase to uppercase.

My gripe with the featured posts widget is that the way that this has been coded you cannot replace that dark muddy overlay with anything else without losing all the contrast of the images -the reason for this being that this is not actually an overlay, what you see is a color field underneath the image that has a reduced opacity. However, although I located that parameter inside the HTML editor changing it to other values made no difference whatsoever. So, there must be something else causing this but what that is I could not identify. I tried a lot of different things, such as different colors for the background, but nothing gave a good result. But, the slideshow is a good replacement I think.


Important! 3rd party responsive Blogger themes have a lot of quirks that you will have to fix which come about every time that you restore a theme. So, this is not something that I can resolve with my tweak, there are some things that you, the end user, has to take care of before the theme is fully operational. To find out what these are and how to fix them, please make sure you look at the Instructions Page > > > right after you install the theme.

Image Swap on Hover with CSS
Card Back
Powered by Blogger.